Thursday 10 February 2011

Photo critique 4 (Kenny Urquhart)




Email goes like this

Hi Dom,

I will keep this short. I am a glasgow based photographer and I would value your opinion on my 5 pics. 5 is the limit isn't it? I have ten so I guess 5 now 5 some other time.

Anyway enjoy and I look forward to your assessment


Kenny Urquhart


http://www.kennyurquhart.com/




written critique and score after the break























Further email reply from Kenny



HI Dom


Just watched the video on youtube, thanks for taking the time to do that and I appreciate all your comments. As I was watching I thought damn I should have taken the time to add more info about each shot. So here it is.

Also just a note about the logo, that is not how I usually logo my pics those where simple don’t that way for your video, so as not to distract from the picture :) if you go on my site I put a different logo on, mind you I keep changing it as I havent yet found one I like.

The pics info..

Ashleigh - I agree about the cropping , I did crop it to a similar size that you did but there was a cctv camera above her head so I took that out (badly, as you can see right above her hair on the wall) and just forgot to re-crop it. Other than that the location is in glasgow city centre.

Book club- this is hillhead book club, which is a bar/ restaurant thing. She brought her own makeup artist and decided on the clothes. Her lips where a pale pink so the black and white worked better, we did the shoot at 9 am and the staff kept leaving stuff on tables, which annoyed me lol

Castle- was in a castle and the girl had fell down some very old stairs prior to this shot, I suggested we stop but she said no she wanted to go on, glad she did beautiful face and great skin.

Cat- this is also my fav and a lot of peoples fav, she is an events organiser for colours a big dance promotion thing, fun fact..she is midge ure's niece.

Jade – this was done in karbon nightclub in glasgow, she is actually in the 'cool room' laying face down on the long table, the table is like a light box in the middle of the small room and is a hideous yellow, I just liked the colour as I desaturated it a bit but is was too washed out.

All the shots were done with a single sb900.

Thanks again Dom.


Kenny


No comments:

Post a Comment