Saturday 12 March 2011

Mega pixel battles! (and pixel myth)

I am always reading about more and more mega pixel cameras, I recently shot with the 50mp Hasselblad and although amazing I find I am still very happy with my 12 megapixel Nikon D300.

I took a panoramic photo of the beach at North Berwick with my Nikon d300 and 70-200vr lens and stiched 6 photos together using the panoramic software called PTGui (see this post for example)



The resulting image came out as a 18mp image but then I processed it again making sure PTGui did not compress the image at all and it came out at its native resolution  which was a whopping 50 Megapixel,
thats 50,000,000 pixels!



more after the break





Here is an older video showing the difference between 12 and 6 and 4 mp images














Facebook

flickr account


Twitter

Website

wedding website

Photobox gallery page


Sport in waves
Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.


Do not look at the site or tshirts if you are under 18 years old
you have been warned

The link for UK photographers check out

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/sportinwaves


For the US buyers click below




and here is some good advice for any newbies




No comments:

Post a Comment